- Tulsi (English Basil) – 7 leaves
- Black cardamom:- 3 pcs
- Cinnamon Stick :- 2 inch long
- Cloves :- 7 pcs
- Whole Black Pepper :- 7-8 pcs
- Grated Ginger :- 1 tsp
- Honey :- 2 tsp
- Water :- 3 Glasses
- Take the Tulsi leaves, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper and grated ginger in a pan and add 3 glass water to it.
- Brink it to a boil and turn the flame to low while covering the pan with a lid.
- Let the water boil in the herbs till it reduce down to being 1 cup.
- Let the drink cool down for 15-20 minutes and then add honey to it.
- Your medicinal drink for flu is ready.
- For an adult, around 3 tbsp, thrice a day, would work.
- For a child, 1 tbsp, thrice a day, is sufficient.
- Avoid giving it to infants.
- Skip adding Ginger to the drink in case of dry cough.
Disclaimer:- The above remedy works well for my family and me and this does not imply the same for every one. Please do not use it in case you are allergic to any of the ingredients or if it doesn’t suit you.