While all of us are a big fan of authentic Kashmiri Rumali rotis, it isn’t an easy game to prepare it at home. Sometimes it ends up being too dry and rest of the times being not as thin as required. so here’s my super quick and easy way to make Rumali rotis at home with perfection.
- Maida (All Purpose Flour)- 2 Cup
- Salt- A pinch
- Warm Milk- As per requirement
- Vegetable Oil- 2 tsp
- Take maida in a large mixing bowl and add salt and oil to it.
- Now knead the dough by adding small quantity of warm milk to the four mix.
- Knead the dough well for at least 15 minutes.
- Coat the dough with some vegetable oil to prevent it from dry out and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take 2 small dough balls and flatten it.
- Coat a side of a flatten dough with some oil and sprinkle some dry flour on it. Place the other flatten dough on it and flatten it further.
- When the two small dough balls are flatten together, it will allow you to make a big circle out of it without the fear of tearing it.
You might be thinking that this wouldn’t make the roti thin, right? Wait till the end.
- Now on a hot tawa, place the roti and cook it for a few seconds from both the sides. The moment roti would heat up, the two flatten dough circles will separate because of the oil and the dusting of dry flour and you will get 2 thin, soft and delicate Rumali rotis to serve
Note:- Once the two rotis are separated do not cook it from the other (inner) side. The dough being very flat makes sure that the maida is cooked properly. Also roasting the roti from the other side will make it go dry. Rumali roti is authentically cooked from one site only. Serve it immediately.