Birthdays or no birthdays, cake is something that doesn’t require an occasion to be enjoyed. While it is difficult to keep the kids away from it, elders too can’t restrict themselves from this sweet binging. But the lockdown phase during this Covid-19 pandemics have kind of scared all of us to order anything from outside. And this is the exact reason why I wanted to prepare cake myself during this quarantine phase and not order it from a bakery. So to stop my 4 year old’s mid-night cravings, I prepared an easy yet yummiest cake with some biscuits in my pantry. Sharing the recipe with you. Let me know if you like it too, just like my family.
- Bourbon Biscuits: – 60 gm. (5 biscuits)
- Oreo Biscuit: – 50 gm. (5 biscuits)
- Marie Biscuits: – 35 gm. (7-8 biscuits)
- Milk: – 1 cup
- Eno Sachet:- 1 pkt.
- Chocolate Biscuit chips or Choco Chips: – For Garnish
- In a food processer or blender, grind the biscuits for about a minute to fine powder form.
- Add 1 cup of milk to it and blend again to form a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter in a bowl and add a sachet of Eno to it and mix well.
- Grease a backing pan well and pour the batter into it.
- Take a pressure cooker and add some water to it. Place a stand in the center and keep the batter bowl on it. Remove the rubber and the whistle of the pressure cooker and close the lid.
- Once the cooker heats up, turn the flame to low and let the cake cook for about 25-30 minutes. (You can also bake it at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes). To check if the cake is properly cooked, poke it with a knife and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready to take out. If it doesn’t, you can let it cook for a few more minutes till done.
- Take the cake out and sprinkle some biscuit chips or chocolate chips (whatever is available) for garnishing. You may also pour some chocolate ganache on top if you like it to be too chocolaty.
Note: – You may alter the amount of biscuits according to your taste. I haven’t made it too sweet. If you wish to make it more sweet, either add 1 or 2 more chocolate biscuit or pour chocolate ganache on the cake.