Palak-Patta is the Hindi name for Spinach leaves and chat is a tangy, sweet & spicy combination of fried dough with various ingredients. This is a heavy appetizer that can be served for your evening parties or a high tea. Spinach leaves are coated with gram flour batter and deep fried and then served with a drizzle of curd, chutneys & masalas.
- Spinach Leaves: – 8-9 nos.
- Besan (Gram Flour) :- 1 cup
- Rice flour :- 1 tbsp.
- Salt:- 1 tsp.
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds) :- ½ tsp.
- Curd:- 5 tbsp.
- Black Salt:- A pinch
- Red chili Powder:- A pinch
- Onion (Finely chopped) :- 1 tbsp.
- Tomato :- 1 tbsp.
- Boiled potato (diced) :- 1 tbsp.
- Green Chilies Chopped :- 1 tsp.
- Tamarind Chutney :- 2 tsp.
- Mint Chutney :- 2 tsp.
- Chat Masala:- A pinch
- Water:- 2 cups
- Oil :- To deep fry the leaves
- Take the gram flour in a bowl and add salt, ajwain and rice flour to it. Mix the dry ingredients well and then add water to make a smooth batter. Remember, it shouldn’t be too thick or thin; just the right consistency to coat the leaves with a thin layer.
- Coat the leaves with the batter and deep dry it till they are crispy. Do not turn the leaves to golden while frying. Keep it nice and yellow.
- Place the fried leaves on the serving dish and add curd, tamarind and mint chutneys, onion, tomatoes and boiled potatoes. Add another layer of curd and chutneys on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Immediately for you do not want the leaves to turn soggy.