Today is World Earth Day and thought of preparing something special for my daughter. While we all have limited grocery stock, all I could prepare for her is spinach cheese roll. A very handy and go-to recipe which is loved by all and also by those who do not really relish spinach. This can be a quick bite snack recipe for your high teas or dinner parties. So let’s get rolling…!
- Baby Spinach: – 2 cup
- Boiled Potato (grated):- 2 cups
- Cheese cubes: – 1 pkt.
- Poha or Flattened-rice:- ½ cup (soaked for 30 minutes and then drained)
- Bread crumbs:- 1 cup
- Salt:- To Taste
- Black Pepper Powder:- To taste
- Oil:- For frying
- Take the baby spinach and chop them finely. You can both boil or chop it as per your liking but I here have chopped the spinach finely.
- To this add grated boiled potatoes, soaked flattened rice and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and mix the ingredients well.
- Take small portion of the mixture in your hand and flatten it. Add a small cube of cheese in the middle and wrap it up in the spinach mixture to form a ball. Make sure there are no cracks from where the cheese could pop out while frying.
- Deep fry the spinach bites till the crust turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or schezwan chutney whatever your family prefers. I served both ways.