Today is World Earth Day and thought of preparing something special for my daughter. While we all have limited grocery stock, all I could prepare for her is spinach cheese roll. A very handy and go-to recipe which is loved by all and also by those who do not really relish spinach. This can be a quick bite snack recipe for your high teas or dinner parties. So let’s get rolling…!
- Baby Spinach: – 2 cup
- Boiled Potato (grated):- 2 cups
- Cheese cubes: – 1 pkt.
- Poha or Flattened-rice:- ½ cup (soaked for 30 minutes and then drained)
- Bread crumbs:- 1 cup
- Salt:- To Taste
- Black Pepper Powder:- To taste
- Oil:- For frying
- Take the baby spinach and chop them finely. You can both boil or chop it as per your liking but I here have chopped the spinach finely.
- To this add grated boiled potatoes, soaked flattened rice and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and mix the ingredients well.
- Take small portion of the mixture in your hand and flatten it. Add a small cube of cheese in the middle and wrap it up in the spinach mixture to form a ball. Make sure there are no cracks from where the cheese could pop out while frying.
- Deep fry the spinach bites till the crust turns golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or schezwan chutney whatever your family prefers. I served both ways.
lovely….I am going to try it over the weekend. or for Friday dinner…as a side dish.
This sounds like a fun recipe… both for making and for relishing! It also fits best for “thodi si bhuk chatapata khane ki”
Thanks for sharing
I have had cheeseballs in different forms but never with spinach and poha. Definitely going to try out this one.
Spinach and cheese are both something I love, this must be delicious.
Spinach and cheese is a great combinations. I am happy that you added breadcrumbs in the mixture and not used it as coating.
I had heard a lot about this recipe before but never give it a try. thanks a lot for sharing this recipe with proper detailing. will try it for sure as it is easy way to make kids eat spinach.
Love how easy this recipe is. I bet it tastes delicious too. An awesome anytime snack!
This is such an easy and yummy recipe and will be a hit in parties too. Am going to try it soon.
This recipe seems so tempting and easy to make for anytime snack, I will surely try these kids will definitely enjoy!!
Wow, this is an easy recipe, I am going to try this in the coming weekend. I am sure it is very tasty. Thanks for sharing
Spinach Cheese bites sound really great as an evening snack. Ideal to have with the rains in the background. Hope to try this recipe soon.
Spinach cheese bites are my fav, i am gonna try out our recipe , it looks super duper hassle free and looks yum
Spinach is healthy n cheese is all time fav and yummy for kids so this is a perfect combination for kids to relish upon. I will try it out too.
This is such a yummy recipe and a great combination of health and taste. While reading this now on a Sunday its like finding the go to recipe for evening snack.
Wow this looks delicious and healthy recipe. I’ve never tried like this before. The methods are easy to follow and ingredients are easily available. Would check out.
I am a huge fan of this combination – spinach & cheese. They do wonders when combined in sandwich, pizza, and now here in a spinach-cheese-bites