Peri- Peri Chicken Roll is a super easy, quick and handy recipe for your parties, get-together or even for a Sunday snack. This wrap is made with Roomali roties but you can make it with tortillas as well. While tortillas are easily available in any store, roomali rotis are quite easy to prepare at home. The link to it’s recipe is given at the end.
- Roomali Rotis:- 2
- Red, Yellow and Green Bell Pepper- 1 cup (Cut into fine stripes)
- Onion- 1 cup (Cut into fine slices)
- Peri- Peri Sauce
- Thigh chicken Boneless- 300 gm
- Refined/ Vegetable Oil:- For cooking
- Peri-Peri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- As per taste
- Take the chicken thigh boneless in a bowl to marinate and add salt and pari-peri chilli powder to it. Although peri-peri chilli powder is readily available in super markets these days but if you are unable to find it, add the usually used chilli powder to the marinade.
- Let the chicken absorb the marinade for about 30 minutes. Now heat a grill pan and grill the marinated chicken from both the sides till it gets tender and completely cooked. Now cut the chicken into thin strips and keep it aside for a while.
- Now take the Roomali roti and place onion, bell pepper and grilled peri-peri grilled chicken strips on it. Drizzle some peri-peri sauce on it (Optional as it makes the roll spicier). Roll the roti in a tight roll and seal the end with a tick paste of white flour and water or else fold the ends to seal them.
- In the grill pan, grill the roll from both the sides by adding some refined oil.
- Cut the roll into half and serve hot.